This tools helps you to clean Windows Store Apps cache.
- Type: Windows Form Application
- Language: Visual Basic
- Target Framework: .NET Framework 4.5
- OS Requirement: Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 (works also on Windows 7, Vista, but the feature "Scan installed Windows Store Apps" is not available)
- IDE: Visual Studio 2013
What to do
- Scans the for temp folders in the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages (where Windows Store Apps cache is) folder and add them to a ListView.
- Enables users to also add custom folders.
- Calculates sizes of folders in the ListView.
- Send folders content to the Recycle or permanently delete it.
- Normally delete files or overwrite them using Gutmann Secure Deletion algorithm (it belongs to the "Gutmann Algorithm Secure File Deletion" project by "xorcrash" on SourceForge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gutmannmethod/. It was converted from C# to VB and adapted to this application)
- Add other overwrite methods, like DoD 5220.22-M or NSA
- Save the custom folders added by the user to an xml file and retrieve them at startup
- Add pause/start feature while cleaning* Ask to close open Windows Store Apps before cleanup
- Import/export custom folders added by the user
- Improve customizable options
- Improve performance (if needed)
- Last but not least, port this tool to Windows RT